Today, I’m going to tell you about my skincare routine as skin has been such a hot topic for the past year. I have limited by use on makeup and have focused on skincare for the past year and I have noticed SUCH a difference it is crazy. My skin used to be filled with active acne and tons of little bumps on my forehead and cheeks.
All of the products that I recommend below I been using it for a year or more. Also to note: my skin type is sensitive and acne prone skin. Please do keep in mind that the products that I use may not work for you since all skin type react very differently to new products. Please test out the products on my neck or a small portion of your face before applying it all over your face to see if you get an allergic reaction or redness.
- Shiseido Pureness Foaming Cleansing Fluid
I start of using this foaming cleanser is very gentle on my skin and it makes my skin feel very fresh. It “wakes up” my skin.
(I do a double cleansing for my night skincare routine, definitely try it out because this CHANGED the game for me)
- Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil
What I love about the cleansing oil, is that it removes all the excess oil from my skin at the end of the day. My face feels a lot better without the excess oil on my face.
- Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
My dermatologist recommends me this product. Its a 2 in 1 product, which I love since it saves me money there. It has a cooling effect on my skin. I use it as a cleanser majority of the time. I use it as a mask once a week.
Morning + Night:
- Shiseido Balancing Softener
After I cleanse my face, I use a toner which helps balance the ph on my skin. It is very gently on my skin.
Morning & Night:
- Clinque Custom Repair Serum
Without the serum, my skin would look like the desert. With cracks and you get the idea. It repairs my skin & also improves it.
Morning & Night:
- Sheisdo Matifying Moisturizer Oil Free
It’s makes my skin very soft. But not only that, it’s oil free. I have oily skin. So it works well with my skin. During winters, this helped my skin a lot by not making it dry.
- Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30
This helps my skin to not produce more excess oil. Plus, double the moisturizer. Sunscreen is a must in your skin care routine. We want to protect our skin from the UV rays. We don’t want to look like a 50 years old burnt chicken nugget. Using sun screen improved my skin.
Here are some extra skin care tips to take note of:
- Always wash your hands before you start your skincare routine
- Try to not touch your face throughout the day
- Drink 8 Glasses of water a day
- When you are washing your face, keep you hair away from your face
- Change your towel every 3 months (i try to change it every 60 days)
- Change your pillow case every week